Don't despair (yet). Remember last season when the Patriots started 1-2 and then won their next ten straight games?
With today's loss, the Pats fall to 1-2 (just like last year). Last year, the season seemed to turn around during Week 5 in Buffalo. This year, the Pats visit Buffalo in Week 4. I'm not writing the Patriots or Drake Maye off this season until I see how they fare next week against the Bills.
The Pats fall to 1-2 and third place in the AFC East, while the 3-0 Bills lead the division. The Bills are 7-point early favorites, but Buffalo has had it easy so far this season, with wins over the 0-3 Texans and 0-3 Chargers. At 48.6 and 54.8, Maye and Josh Allen, respectively, are the two lowest-rated QBs in the NFL. Allen has only five more yards (204) than Maye's 199, yet the Bills still lead the NFL in points per game (50.5). I chalk that up to the powder-puff defenses Allen's been facing so far and James Cook III"s 192 yards rushing (fifth highest in the NFL).
Football - it ain't always pretty but you can't look away.
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment