I have no idea what they're doing up there in the Arctic. I hope everyone is alright.
First, we have Ella Hibbert and the Yeva appearing to be sailing back to Alaska after harboring overnight in Siberia. Today and yesterday, she's been sailing east across the Bering Strait apparently straight toward Nome. Is she having equipment problems and needs something that can't be shipped to her in Russia in a timely manner? Is it a health issue? We don't know because she hasn't posted an update since August 2 before she left Saint Paul Island and all we can do it follow her route.
And then there's Matt Rutherford and the Chimera, still way up north at the 80th parallel in the Kara Sea, but for some reason now turned around and heading west instead of east. He had been fairly consistent with at least daily updates to his media feed, but has been silent the past two days with no explanation as to why he's reversed course.
And who knows what the hell Tamara Klink and the Sardinga 2 are up to in the Chukchi Sea. Searching for a path through sea ice? Reacting to changing wind directions? Lost? Just playing around? Her most recent Instagram update was yesterday but was recorded back when she first left Nome last week.
So, yeah, I'm confused. Everybody seems to be going in the wrong direction. But I'm neither a sailor nor an Arctic explorer, so what do I know?




No comments:
Post a Comment